Sunday, July 27, 2008
Pat's Easy Pecan Pie
I wish I could say that I spend hours pouring over my pecan pie but notta! I buy deep dish crust or the crust you put in your own pie dish. I prick the bottom and sides with a fork and set aside. I chop one piling cup of pecans coursely and dump them in the crust. Pre-heat oven to 350%. Next in my 4cup glass measuring cup i pour 1 cup white karo syrup, 1 and 1/4 cup white sugar and 1/2 stick butter and put it in the microwave for one min at the time until it is just melted enough to stir and pour usually 1 and 1/2 min. While I do this in my mixer bowl I break 4 large eggs and beay until foamy and add 1tsp pure vanilla and 1/8 tsp butternut flavoring, by then the sugar is ready and I keep the mixer going on the eggs and pour the sugar mixture in until mixed well. Pour over the pecans in the shell and put it in the oven. This in important. The bottom rack of the oven needs to be on the second place from the bottom. Put the pie on that one. The second shelf needs to be 2 spaces up with a piece of foil laying on it over the pie. This will allow the pie to cooks evenly without browning the crust too much before the pie gets done. It usually takes between 45 mins to an hour. Every oven is different. When you check your pie you can tell when the gue part is set . Take it out and let stand for an hour before cutting. Serve with bryers natural vanilla ice cream for best reviews. This is my I love Ryan Farnsworth recipe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You forgot to tell us that the pie was ready, so we could come over & have a slice! Luv ya, thanks. harrison says no matter if I follow your recipe it will not taste the same.
Hey! haven't been around the bloggin' world in a while. I didn't realize you had been going to town on yours. I will definitely need to rip off your recipes. Rachael
I have successfully copied each and every one of your recipes posted and put them in a file labeled PAT on my computer. I shall be the Pat of all mormondom...or something like that.
I made your Enchiladas tonight, and they were a big hit at the dinner table...Maxton totally enjoyed helping me make them this morning...thanks so much for the recipe!
Thank you for the pecan pie tip, last time I tried making the pie the pecans tasted burnt. I will try this tip and hope for a better result.
K.P.
Okay let me just say I am a nut but I do not like nuts.
I will eat Pecans in ice cream when I feel like it. However, unless the pecans are coated in sugar and baked alittle I don't eat them. Now this does not keep me from getting a slice of pecan pie because I love pecan pie. I do take the pecans off the top, and only eat that yummy other part. hehe
I will definitely need to rip off your recipes.
home jobs without registration
Post a Comment