Saturday, July 26, 2008
Pressure Cooker Tip
Pressure cookers have surely evolved over the years. I remember shooting a pot of peas right to the roof through that little hole in the lid. All the peas were on the ceiling and the pot was dry. What a day that was! Some things you'd like to forget, but then again you couldn't apreciate all of the new bells and whistles that they have added to make them so safe. I use my 8 quart cooker at least 3 times a week. Yesterday, I shelled a bucket of fordhook limas, washed them, threw 3 slices of smithfield ham in my pressure pot along with the fordhooks and about a quart and a half of water and added a little salt and pepper and put the pressure lid on and turned the heat to med when it started to rack. In 15 mins I turned the burner off took the cooker to the sink, ran cold water over it until the valve fell and then I released the safety release and opened the lid and they were cooked perfectly. No need to be scared any more. They have made them so safe that a young cook could feel perfectly safe. Call me if you have any questions. 912-265=7097 See I'm not scared of anything except my husband HOHOHOHO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I wish I could be that brave. I'm still scared of them.
I have always been scared of mine. Its a new one. But my Aunt Faye aways reminds me of how careful you still need to be. I just really want you to know I have tried so many of your recp. and our family loves them. You now have followers from Pa.
Thank you for the pecan pie tip, last time I tried making the pie the pecans tasted burnt. I will try this tip and hope for a better result.
home jobs without registration
Post a Comment