Monday, July 14, 2008
Pat's mac'n'cheese
I guess that grits was definately not what you guys were waiting on. I'll try to to do better. This recipe I put together after many trials and errors. I start with a large pot of boiling water with salt and add one pound box of small elbow noodles. I cook them slowly until they are almost translucent. They should not be able to take in any more liquid when they come out of the water. In a9x13 pan spay with pam add 2 cups each of cottage cheese, mild cheddar cheese and velveeta cheese, to this add 4 cups of milk and 2 eggs beaten well. Add pepper and a little salt. Add your drained noodles to this mixture and mix well. Slice one stick of butter or margarine on top, cover with foil and cook at 350% 30 to 40 mins or until liquid is set and uncover and cook for ten more mins. Hope it turns out and enjoy. This is my Benjie's favorite thing to eat in life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Are you sure this will all fit in a 9 x 13 pan? Sounds like I would need 2 pans with all that cheese? I'm going to try this next weekend when we have family in from Arkansa. Sandy can't wait for this recipe!
Post a Comment